Mother's Day



Long time no post! With graduation looming around the corner and the temperature rising (as well an unexpectedly massive workload), my time has been consumed by meeting deadlines and trying to enjoy the last few days of student life.
I have less than three weeks left on campus and there’s still so much I need to do. It is the strangest thing to realize you only have so many days left at a certain point in your life, and once it’s over, you’ll never have it again.

This past week definitely dragged on, but I was lucky to have my family visit on Saturday. My sister was taking an official tour of my school, and afterwards, we met up for a Mother’s Day lunch in town. We went to a place on Main Street called Santa Fe Mexican Grill, and it was nice to be able to sit down for a meal together for the first time in a while.



I ordered a blue-orange hurricane margarita, which is my usual at Santa Fe. The restaurant is known for its delicious drinks, and my frozen margarita was no exception. I’ve had many a happy hour at Santa Fe, but this was my first time ordering a meal. We shared mango shrimp empanadas (yummy, but very tiny), and I ordered a crab quesadilla. The quesadilla was listed on the appetizer menu, but could pass for an entree… I had to take half of it home! It was pretty good, plenty of crab and cheese, and the guacamole was fresh and delicious.


After lunch, my family came to my house and I surprised my mom with a cake from Bing’s. We are both major cake fiends, and usual, Bing’s did not disappoint. Even though it technically wasn’t Mother’s Day, I loved being able to see my mom and spend time with her. The older I get, the more I treasure everything that she’s done and value her influence in my life. She has always motivated me to work hard, do my best, and always keep my eye on the prize. With that being said, I should probably get back to work on my end of semester assignments.

 
Happy, happy Mother’s Day to my dear mom and all of the amazing moms out there!

x A

No comments

Back to Top